Saturday, March 23, 2013

Good news everyone!  I'm actually getting better at the game!  I  played three more matches this morning, winning 2 of them.  Good enough for me.

First was a ZvP - big surprise there.  Went for some fast aggression - and by fast aggression I mean a 6 pool because I suck.  The tactic kind of worked - it kept my opponent on his back foot long enough for me keep some of the aggression up, deny him a second, and transition into mutas and roaches.  I had 4 bases by the game's end - each one pumping out mutas and roaches.  I had the mutas harassing, and the roaches defending against a death ball of stalkers and immortals.  Roaches are a lot tougher than I give them credit for.  He gg'd out after I took out the pylons and probes.  After that match I was 2nd place in the bronze ladder, so I knew that I may be able to make silver soon!

Next was a ZvT - and I straight up six-pooled him.  He had nothing, but to lift his buildings off and let my queens pick them off.  I felt a little bit bad, as I'd be pissed if I got six pooled (and I sure do have it coming to me when it happens).  With that win, I was pushed into Silver!!!!

My first silver match - ZvT - really showed that I am getting better at this game.  My opponent expanded, he defended well, and executed a few drops into my base (which were the death of me, of course).  I started out with a ling/baneling tactic, with the intent to transition into mutas.  He was going bio/mine.  I denied his second for a while, but denying the second, at low levels, only works against the zerg.  He pushed me around the map a little bit with some hellion harass, which I was able to handle okay.  The drops started shortly thereafter, and it was all downhill for me.  I needed to transition into mutas a lot earlier and lay down some pressure in his base.  He had a few missile turrets but those are avoidable.  I gg'd out after losing my expo and main, with only a small third base to keep me up.  I'm getting a lot better at creep spread as well.  Still need to get better at handling drops - better reaction time for my drones, and getting an army in place to deal with it.

All in all, a good day to starcraft!

No comments:

Post a Comment