Friday, March 22, 2013

Just played two more games - both against protoss.  I'm beginning to appreciate the complaints people had against 'patch zerg' because this is just ridiculous.  Fourth protoss in a row, 5/7 matches played today against protoss.  Expansion Protoss indeed.  Enough butthurt for now.

Sixth match of the day was a ZvP - imagine that.  I did what I am going to be doing from now on - 6-pool.  It caught my opponent off-guard (opponent was bronze level too).  I got some more lings into his base and he gg'd.  Didn't learn much from it other than I'm good at 6-pooling.  Everyone's good at 6 pooling.

Seventh, and final, match of the day was another ZvP.  I tried to 6-pool this one but my opponent (of unknown level) countered it very effectively with his probes.  I was able to do some good econ damage but not enough to win the game there, and from then on I knew I was lost.  I tried to stay in it - expanded, and went into roach/ling.  He went into Protoss option A - death ball.  I fought some smaller fights in the middle of the map, winning one of them, before he was able to get some sentries out.  I went to his third (behind the destructible rocks) and blasted a back way in.  I did a little bit of damage there, but again not enough.  His army was getting bigger.  I build more roaches, expanded again.  We had one more battle in the middle of the map and he won handily.  A well-balanced army of zealot/stalker and a few colossus and sentry support.  Unstoppable for me.  I nydus'd into his base, and caught him totally off guard going for skytoss (option b).  I started levelling structures - but I knew it was too little too late.  His army would be back any second...oh wait it's here already.  Stupid mass recall.  I parted ways with my opponent, saying 'I hate playing you protoss, you have all the tools in teh world :-p' and I mean that.  It's insane how many tools a protoss has, especially for fighting zerg armies.  I still don't know how to counter a death ball protoss.

I think next game I'm going to try some swarm host play, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment